The SSSTS course is ideal for already experienced construction workers wishing to take their training further and wanting to take on more responsibility at work.
It is designed for site supervisors, site foremen, gangers, site managers and construction team leaders – pretty much anyone responsible for the safety of other site workers or holding some responsibility for planning, organising, administrating, controlling or monitoring any aspect of site safety.
The course helps candidates to:
- Understand their specific responsibilities
- Explaining what is expected from them as a supervisor
- Enable them to carry out risk assessments
- Enable them to carry out site inductions
- Understand the problems that the industry faces
SSSTS qualifications are considered to be the industry standard and are required by people wanting to work on a construction site in a supervisory position or a role with responsibilities for the health and safety of workers or the site.
After passing the SSSTS course, the certificate is valid for five years. The certificate holder will need to renew their certificate before it expires by taking a refresher course. The SSSTS refresher course will update candidates with any recent changes in health and safety legislation and changes in health and safety best practices.
Construction employers should check the validity and current status of a candidates SSSTS qualification to make sure that they are hiring the right people for the job in hand.
You can check the status of your SSSTS certificate using the online card checker. You can use the service to check the status of all your cards and construction training courses. Any of the following combinations are acceptable:
- Surname & Individual ID/Registration Number
- Surname & National Insurance Number
- Date of Birth & Individual ID/Registration Number
- Date of Birth & National Insurance Number
When using the card check facility, please note that it will not recognise temporary NI numbers or anyone under the age of 18.