Information about the Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS).
This course is specifically for site supervisors and is for you if you are considering, or already have, supervisory responsibilities. The course aims to ensure that all staff working in the construction industry with supervisory responsibilities understand the following:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties
- What is expected of them
- To ensure that they contribute to the overall health and safety of the workplace
This CITB accredited course is recognised as the industry-standard training for all supervisors working on UK construction sites and provides an in-depth understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues. The course also details all legal responsibilities and the need to promote health and safety to be able to supervise effectively.
At the end of the course you will have an understanding of the following:
- Be able to monitor site activities effectively
- Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Have an understanding of how health & safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
- Timely intervention when bad practice is identified
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Your supervisory responsibilities in controlling site safely
On successful completion of this course the candidates are awarded with the Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Certificate. The certification for this course is valid for a five-year period. It is strongly advised that you take a refresher course before the expiry date on your original certificate to remain certified in this area. Failure to do so will mean that the full course will need to be retaken.
The Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course gives candidates a solid base for the basic understanding of Health & Safety duties and site responsibilities for construction supervisors and those working in junior management roles. Once completed, qualifying candidates wishing to take their training to the next level should be progressed onto the Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course. This training course would be suitable for existing site managers, surveyors, agents and staff that hold management positions within your company.